WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Sun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
Fri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
April 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Wondermom first gathering

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wondermom first gathering

Hi Mom!!

Few of the moms with whom I made friends from MM get together once in a month ( we try to atleast) either at someone place, for potlucks or at a restuarants .. I was wondering if there are any other moms out there who would like to join in... What do you all think? I Can organize it if you all want.
Happy_mom
SuperStar WonderMom
SuperStar WonderMom

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Wondermom first gathering :: Comments

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:55 am by WonderMom

Duckie, do not be shy! The are very nice ladies, I have met a lot of ladies in Milton and all over. I think a WonderMoms gathering is a super idea. I will try to be there as well!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 pm by Happy_mom

Ok Bernadette has volunteered to host the first potluck at her place.....well we can start an invite list that way we can keep a track of all the ppl who can make it!!!.. Bernadette do u want me to do it ? or u want to go ahead and do it.. either way I m fine ...gosh I m excited

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:08 pm by mapsgirl

SHould you do a poll to decide which date first??

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 pm by Faysmommy

Duckie don't be shy it is overwhelming believe me.
I set up the first Awkward but lonely night at Charleys.
I was standing outside the door waiting for everyone to arrive was not sure who anyone was and felt really stupid standing there.
It turned out great and after everyone settled in no one that I know of felt out of place.
If you all wanted to do Bernadettes house in November but wanted to meet earlier we could set up at a resturaunt in Oakville, Burlington or Milton. Let me know and I would be willing to find out all the information and set it up??? or not???

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:27 pm by supermom

Sorry I'm out.... would love to go but I'm not up for the drive from Hamilton to Milton.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:46 pm by bernadette

Crying or Very sad that's what i was afraid of... i don't want our first event to be exclusive. is there a way we can manage this or is the distance thing just too big an opstacle to have one gathering?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 pm by Kal

I would love to join Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 pm by Happy_mom

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeh that is true..is there half way something we can do

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 pm by Faysmommy

Burlington is Kind of Central to everyone no? well except for anyone in Acton or Georgetown that is a bit farther

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:09 pm by mapsgirl

Hold please while I look at a map Razz

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm by mapsgirl

Do we hve people here from Georgetown or Acton???

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:11 pm by Faysmommy

ha ha to funny.
We need you to do the maps for our drivers.
The people who do the maps now always send us down roads that don't even exist.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm by supermom

Sorry Ladies I dont mean to be a fun sucker... by all means have your pot luck and get to know each other but we will in the future need to plan something in a mutually convenient location so that we can all attend.
Many of us were previously on another site and it proved "difficult" to remain there when there were moms that formed there own "clique" by frequently meeting in locations that werent good for everyone...

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm by mapsgirl

supermom - Nothing is set in stone and we're still at the beginning of the planning stages. It's good to know where everyone is so we can find a place that is mutually convinient.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:31 pm by Faysmommy

Super mom a lot of us have been in that boat and know what it is like to be left out or feel that way.
We can have many different types of get togethers.
I am sure more then half of these moms have no problem not having to cook, no kids for the night and meet up at some place in the middle. Car pooling works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:35 pm by supermom

Like I said... plan what you wish but if it is an open invite to all members just be considerate to those that dont live in your area.
There is already a post where most of us have listed where we live, that should give you a good idea and a good place to plan from.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 pm by bernadette

there is a nice thai place on fairview in burlington that DH & i frequent:

http://www.restaurantica.com/on/burlington/bahn-thai-restaurant/23000265/

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:50 pm by bernadette

supermom wrote:There is already a post where most of us have listed where we live, that should give you a good idea and a good place to plan from.

can you link this thread? i cant' seem to find it..... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:57 pm by rhonda

I'll go wherever it is.... even hamilton ha ha
Duckie, when the details are all set, you and I will arrange driving together.
I am very outgoing and my husband is shy as well... I break the ice for him all the time.... so want to be my husband LOL

Rhonda

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:10 pm by Happy_mom

Yeh I don't mind going somewhere else..........as long as I get a car pool.......
so lets do some change of place...oakville, burlington?...hamilton...anywhere........

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:19 pm by bernadette

well... judging by the "where are you?" poll (so far), and my triangulation calculations (i'm joking... sort of) a central location would be around the area of appleby & the 403. i am very much willing to drive a car pool from milton to a reastaurant in that area. should we poll a date and then come up with possible venues?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:21 pm by Faysmommy

I swear I said Burlington Is this thing on

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:22 pm by mapsgirl

bernadette wrote:
well... judging by the "where are you?" poll (so far), and my triangulation calculations (i'm joking... sort of) a central location would be around the area of appleby & the 403. i am very much willing to drive a car pool from milton to a reastaurant in that area. should we poll a date and then come up with possible venues?

You're on Google Maps, aren't you???

That is acutally Appleby Line and the QEW/403 (as to not confuse too many people)

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 pm by bernadette

Laughing
o.k... you all know that i am a geek by now, and am obviously bored at work, but look what i did :

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=restaurant+near+upper+middle+%26+appleby&sll=43.364627,-79.930344&sspn=0.363908,0.615234&ie=UTF8&start=0&ll=43.390891,-79.79486&spn=0.022735,0.038452&z=15&lci=lmc:wikipedia_en&ei=QhLlSPPMHpLGjQOokYDsBg&view=text&attrid=#

Last edited by bernadette on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 pm by mapsgirl

That's awesome!!! I know the area well.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:34 pm by supermom

That location works good for us that are close to Hamilton too.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm by Duckie

I'll go anywhere my "wife" is willing to take me...thanks for the proposal Rhonda! (I can drive too if need be).
I'm not familiar with much in the Appleby /403 area, but mostly because I'm moving behind it in a few months...there is Boston Pizza at Appleby and Dundas (not sure how far that is from Hamilton).
You know Hamilton has some really good restaurants if I remember correctly.
I'm babbling...most go fold laundry No

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm by Kbug

I think that is a good location for most at this time. Is there not a lot of restuarants around that area too?

I am not even sure if I can make it because November is a busy month for Hubby's birthday and our anniversary. However, no date will ever be perfect for us all.

K

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 pm by Debra

How come your font always comes up a little wonky bernadette? Laughing

bernadette wrote:
Laughing
o.k... you all know that i am a geek by now, and am obviously bored at work, but look what i did :

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=restaurant+near+upper+middle+%26+appleby&sll=43.364627,-79.930344&sspn=0.363908,0.615234&ie=UTF8&start=0&ll=43.390891,-79.79486&spn=0.022735,0.038452&z=15&lci=lmc:wikipedia_en&ei=QhLlSPPMHpLGjQOokYDsBg&view=text&attrid=#

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm by Happy_mom

Ok...guys good idea......yeh Bernadette good job......guess not a very busy day for u..Smile
Well lets decide a date..........and go from there..as Kbug said the dates won't work out for all but hey atleast it is a start.....

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:42 pm by Guest

Well I am from Kitchener, so I am out of this one. And being I appear to currently the only one, don't worry about it. Maybe I can catch the next one.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:44 pm by Faysmommy

Ahhhh I will come see you in Kitchener, I will be there on the 5th and probably another date as my SIL is having an Epicure party this month.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:59 pm by Happy_mom

well may be the next one we can do nearer to kitchner

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:03 pm by Guest

N.y.a.m wrote:Well I am from Kitchener, so I am out of this one. And being I appear to currently the only one, don't worry about it. Maybe I can catch the next one.

hmm well like i told u earlier..you can come to my house and then WE can go together...if I go. besides I have visited YOU..when are u visiting ME?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:33 pm by Guest

Fay, awww!! I am not home on the 5th!!Well not until the evening...but let me know when you will be in Kdub the next time!

Happy-mom, no worries, no reason to move it this way for just one member....

Unbound...HA, your so funny! I will get my butt to your house...I swear..LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 pm by Duckie

N.Y.A.M.....I'm going to advertise this website around DD's cheer club in Cambridge. Hopefully that will bring more moms from Waterloo Region on board.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:29 pm by bernadette

so I can't add a poll to this thread.. so I'm going to start a new one to poll at date for a get together and then we can pick a restaurant in that area Smile I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 pm by momfit

I am in guys. When are you thinking? What date?
I'de love to meet some new gals!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 pm by Faysmommy

Momfit omg are you still talking like that.
Make sure someone takes away your holla hoop

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 pm by momfit

What do you mean? Am I talking like what? This time, Iactually don't know what you mean????? Crying or Very sad Neutral scratch

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:45 pm by Faysmommy

Lmao omg my bad momfit I thought you were talking about a date
I guess you said so many different sexual inuendo's It is stuck in my head.
BTw thanks for the leg stretch really going to help
did I tell you I got wee fit.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:50 pm by momfit

It was a good stretch, wasn't it.
There is a time and place for everything, THAT wasn't at ALL what I meant. Let's not start any ideas. I am a good christian girl who just HAPPENS to also be french! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:56 pm by Faysmommy

Ha ha ok if you say so

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:12 pm by gottagirl3

supermom wrote:That location works good for us that are close to Hamilton too.

If the date works well for both of us I don't mind driving since we are both in Hamilton, and anyone else for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:14 pm by bernadette

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum